Frequently Asked Questions
Questions About Burning Wheel Yoga School
Take a look at our class schedule and book the one that fits your availability by clicking on the 'book' button.
All classes are suitable for beginners, as our teachers have the knowledge to adapt the practice to meet the needs of the students in each class. Private yoga sessions are an option, as some students may prefer to begin learning yoga in a private session with Jordan before entering group classes. Please reach out to us to schedule private sessions.
We offer an Introduction to Yoga workshop series seasonally. This 8-week series of classes gradually introduce new students to all of the postures and breathing exercises in an 8-limb power yoga class as it acclimates the students to the heat. We typically run this workshop in October and January.
View our class schedule
All classes are suitable for advanced students. Our instructors have the knowledge and experience to adapt each class to meet the needs of the students in that class.
• Arrive about 10-15 minutes before class when possible.
• Please remove your shoes upon entering the space.
• Turn off all cell phones before entering.
• Please do not use mobile phones in the practice space.
• Keep conversations quiet in the lobby and refrain from excessive conversation in the studio space.
• All sales are final.
• No passes can be shared with friends or family, but you can purchase passes or gift certificates for others.
• Requests to freeze passes are considered on a case-by-case basis with no guarantees.
• Class times, prices, and descriptions may change without notice. Please check the MindBody Schedule before arriving for up-to-date scheduling.
• You must cancel your reservation at least 30 minutes before the start of class to avoid being charged for a drop-in ($25).
Pre-registration is suggested but not required. Because we keep our classes moderate in size, class sizes are limited, and we can not guarantee you a space if you do not pre-register.
If you wish to pay with cash on arrival, please call the studio to reserve a spot in advance.
Please note that if you do not arrive by the start of class, your spot may be given to another person.
Yes, we have lockers in our changing area free of charge, but you will need to provide your own lock. Burning Wheel Yoga is not responsible for items left in lockers.
Yes, we have 2 showers and 6 changing stalls. The showers and changing areas are open for use. Please bring your own towel and shower supplies.
• It's recommended to bring your own yoga mat & 2 yoga blocks. All students must provide their own mats and props for all classes. We do not offer rentals or have extras for students to borrow.
• Bring a towel if you wish to dry off during class.
• Bring a towel and shower supplies if you plan to shower at the studio.
• Bring your own water or water bottle. We do not sell bottled water, but a bottle-filling station is available for all to use free of charge.
Wear comfortable fitted clothing, nothing loose or baggy; dry-wicking fabrics are best.
Discover the ideal fusion of nature and technology with our Sunlight Inside LED Lighting System. These ceiling lights offer a day-to-day UV spectrum that mimics natural sunlight, fostering an environment that promotes your health as you stimulate your mind.
Through the evenly distributed, organic light that replicates the outdoor ambiance, your teaching spaces evolve into areas that enhance overall health, focus, and well-being.
Our yoga studio is equipped with the Air Knight air sanitation system, a tool commonly found in biotech laboratories, medical facilities, and educational institutions, designed to sanitize the air, making it inhospitable for bacteria and viruses while keeping it safe for people and pets.
Check out the video for more insights and specifics about our UV-C devices. We've been enthusiastic and trouble-free in using it since July 2020.
General Questions About Yoga
Every woman and every pregnancy is different, and you should consult your physician before beginning yoga while pregnant.
Some women have been able to practice heated yoga right up until their due date with no complications, but it is important to check with your doctor first.
Yoga can work for any body type. We will work with you to tailor the practice to meet your needs.
Be sure to have a conversation with the instructor before beginning classes so that they are best able to assist you with modifications.
Increased flexibility and range of motion are one of the many benefits of yoga practice, but yoga is not all about how flexible your body is. You can start practicing yoga even if you are inflexible. If you continue to practice regularly, you will become more flexible.
• Increased flexibility.
• Increased muscle strength and tone.
• Improved respiration, energy, and vitality.
• Maintaining a balanced metabolism.
• Weight reduction.
• Cardio and circulatory health.
• Lowers blood pressure
• Improved athletic performance.
• Protection from injury.
• Improves posture.
• Maintains healthy joints
• Reduces back pain
• Eases arthritis symptoms
• Reduces stress and teaches better stress management
• Better sleep
• Increased libido
• Yoga is a powerful mindfulness practice
• Promotes healthy decision making
• Connects you with a supportive community